Friday, January 8, 2010

Stackpole on The Future of Commercial Printing

From Wired for Leadership:
    "There's still plenty of life in commercial printing albeit not in the same historical sense we used to know. I don't get much junk mail in my Outlook inbox mostly because I filter the daylights out of my inbound e-mails. That's a problem for advertisers and others who think e-mail promotion can replace print promotion. While we are sure to see shifts in the future, direct mail still delivers $10 in revenue for every $1 spent. The mistaken trend by some to eliminate direct mail as part of their marketing plan only serves to showcase those firms still using the medium to their advantage. I don't know about you but I got more than my share of holiday catalogs and bought plenty of gifts at their websites. The data is clear---direct mail drives online commerce---for catalog marketers and retail. The world of printing is changing, but printers are the most resilient and innovative entrepreneurs on the planet. I wouldn't count them out anytime soon."

 Kerry Stackpole, CAE IOM President - Printing & Graphics Association MidAtlantic

0 comments: